Saturday, October 4, 2008

week 2, day 1 -- three compositions




Last week we did only black and white. This class we are doing black and white and one color of choice. Here are my three compositions with one color. I tool more time doing these because I drew a large blank again...sigh!!!


The first one I took forever on and changed it over and over until it became something simple. It looks like there are several different colors, however the one color I used is the dark red color...the rest of the colors are the same color with a different opacity...and appear lighter on top of the white background.


The second one I actually had fun with. It looks very silly and not all that fantastic but it was fun. I drew shapes and they turned into an alien slug and alien fish staring at each other. Then I drew little creatures with heads wiggling around them. The color is a dark purple-grey.


The last picture didn't take me very long. I concentrated more on using up space in the composition. I put more of the weight at the bottom which I thought we had gone over in class.


No comments: